Thursday, July 22, 2010

What's Sexy About Health?

Let's face it, feeling happy and healthy is sexy!

Being in touch with that part of yourself that is sensual (which by very nature of being human we all have) is crucial to feeling balanced. Many people live in denial of what role their sensuality plays in their lives and it can lead to choices that don't always serve us. Getting to you know your sensual side and to nourish it can be truly revolutionary and healing!

I've been doing Zumba. I know... funny.... Here's the funniest part, my mother gave me the DVD and basically challenged me. She said "I know that you love to dance and you can do all these moves with your hips, and that's the exact area you need to work on!" Now I know that she meant well when she said that last part, hahaha. But the truth is, I LOVE to dance. I especially love Latin style dances; salsa, samba, merengue and even zouk!

I love it because it makes me feel energized and sexy. The fact that it also helps keep me in shape is a major bonus. I get a good cardiovascular workout and I get to connect to that rhythmic part of me that loves to step in time to the music. It stimulates a flow of energy that makes me feel amazing.


So what's your healthy sexy?

Do sensuality and sexuality have an impact on your overall balanced health? Absolutely! In fact, its just as important as good nutrition, exercise, a career that you love and a connection to your spirituality or creativity.

It's important to know the following things:

- how to care for and nurture your sensual side
- how to support reproductive systems and organs
- how to tap into and fuel your creative passions
- how to learn to love yourself as a sensual being
- what it means to YOU to be a sensual/sexual person (which is different for us all)
- how to communicate to the world about these things

As Cindy and I prepare for our upcoming class on health and sensuality (see details below), we continually ask ourselves and others what is so important about having a healthy relationship to our sexuality and sensuality. The answer is that it is at the core of everything that we do. It is our center of self-identity in so many ways. It fuels our passions and ignites our daily experiences with a spark.

Join us on a journey to better know ourselves, so we may be happier, healthier, and yes, sexier!!

Health & Sensuality, A Whole-body health workshop
the Meta Center
214 West 29th Street New York, NY

No comments:

Post a Comment