Monday, March 21, 2011

12 Toxins in health care products...

Sharing is Caring, right?

I am re-posting this article about beauty and health care products that I found on the Green Wala website because it was chock full of info that I didn't know. I was surprised to realize that each of these 12 chemicals or ingredients can be found somewhere in my own home, in one of my health care products, including my shampoo, toothpaste and makeup.

I had read that antibacterial soaps are not actually great for us because they kill off good bacteria too, but only recently have I started to look beyond food sources of toxins, to the other household products that I use to get a full picture of health.

This article offers some insight to the possible toxins in your health care and beauty products. I encourage us all to read the labels, understand what we are putting on our skin, and in our hair, and to choose natural products that don't contain carcinogens and other toxins. A few ideas to look into are using natural powdered minerals or metals such as mica for eye shadows, and essential oils or distilled flower essences instead of fragrance.

Enjoy!

Twelve Of The Most Toxic Ingredients In Personal Care Products

No comments:

Post a Comment