Friday, April 23, 2010

Feel Safe to Be Wild! by Kiana Love

The following is a re-post of a blog written by my friend Kiana Love. I first met her as the mother of a dancer I taught at the National Dance Institute and I recognized her power at that time. Since then we reconnected through union of powerful healers here in New York City and I learned about her organization, Be Wild Woman. I love it! Very juicy and powerful stuff here. Read her post and join her blog and learn to reclaim your wild side!!

_______________________________
From Kiana Love

Here is a blog post I wrote on my Be Wild Woman blog that explains why I'm dedicated to supporting women in reclaiming their body & their wildness & excited about our new Wild Wombing Group Program. I'm excited about sharing what I've learned from my own journey to reclaim my body & my joy to help women give birth to themselves. Imagine what women could create if they felt safe, nurtured, sexy & confident. Please spread the world & help women feel safe to be wild. Invite women to join my Be Wild Woman group here on fb http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=52982335884
Kiana Love

Women Need to Feel Safe to Be Wild

I use “womb” as a verb: to create and cultivate safety and healing in your body & in your life; to empower women to nurture, protect themselves and each other.

I realized that women need to womb to be wild. In order for us to let go and express with wild abandon we have to first feel safe. We have not felt safe or protected. Every day in our communities and around the world women are raped beaten, enslaved, & mutilated. Without safety wildness becomes distorted; wildly out of control, disconnected, ungrounded.

The wild I’m talking about is the wildness you see in a lush plant that’s been nurtured & protected, that sinks down deep roots, and has room, feels safe to grow tall and take up room. A garden grows because it is nurtured, rooted, & protected. In the same way we need to feel nurtured, protected, rooted, and safe. We need to feel safe to unfold to our true potential and be wild.

Here at Be Wild Woman, finding love starts with loving and nurturing yourself. Be Wild Woman provides the tools & support for you to reclaim your body & love feeling sexy! Learning how to reclaim my body helped me move from feeling anxious, depressed, ashamed & uncomfortable with my body to feeling innocent, self confident, empowered, sexy & free to express myself. I know it can help you too!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

go here for more be wild posts & to learn more about Wild Wombing
http://bewildwoman.wordpress.com/2010/04/07/reclaim-your-body-give-birth-to-you-with-our-new-wild-wombing-group-program/

No comments:

Post a Comment