Tuesday, April 6, 2010

It's A Family Affair

Family Juicing
I've been thinking about the tone that I want to create for my blog posts. What is most important for me when I read a blog or follow a writer: their voice. So, my intention for this blog is to allow my personal voice to come through, while continuing to create fun, inspirational and educational content that makes people want to live a healthier, juicier life!

With that said, I had a great time this weekend celebrating Easter with my sister and her family. We cooked a gorgeous brunch, which consisted of fresh strawberries and grapefruit slices, greek yogurt and raw honey, as well as scrambled eggs and chicken apple sausages. My favorite part, of course, was that we got out their Breville juicer and made a giant pitcher of fresh squeezed juice.

We added all the following: - beets - lemon - red apples - celery - carrots - beet greens - cucumbers - green apple It was a sexy bright pink color (much like the Hot Pink Limeade on the Green Pirate Juice Truck!) and it tasted divine!


My adorable niece and nephew (Margaux and Will) loved it and never once complained that it wasn't the juice that comes in their juicebox or that it was a funny color.
Will (age 1 1/2) even asked his daddy to lift him up so he could watch the fascinating process of all the big chunky vegetables and fruits going in and only juice coming out! Done. Simply delicious, good for the whole family, and FUN.


Now, get out your juicer or your wok or steamer, crank up the tunes in the kitchen, and invite your entire family (or housemates or roommates or neighbors!) to participate in creating something delicious for your next meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment